Modular Rail Modelling in New Zealand

Friday, April 2, 2010

Convention 2010

I've been attending the Convention all day, so I thought I would update and share some pics. I've met a bunch of people that I've only known from online, and for the most part they haven't been completely insane. (Being a model railway convention, I have met a couple of those people today however!)

Photobucket

Graham (Greytrainz) called me late on Wednesday night suggesting that we take my modules to represent NZ120 at the convention. I accepted his generous offer, and so I took Thursday off work to put some last minute detail on the modules and get them presentable. Graham turned up at about five that evening, and we took them over to the venue and set them up (helped by Jolon and Russell).

Photobucket

I spent most of today hanging around by the modules and chatting with other modelers. Most had good things to say, and it was nice to get some feedback. We had some of Jolon's and Graham's models set up on the modules, and it looked a pretty good display. Jolon had one of John Rappard's old Abs on display, which is a very nice model.

Photobucket

Graham's work on styrene etched buildings is pretty impressive by the way, I'm looking forward to getting hold of some of these.

Russell from Trackgang was there with his range, and impressive it is too. I'm looking forward to building more of the stuff. Especially impressed by some of his loco builds. I'm tempted to build a Dg after seeing what he has managed with the kit! Today he managed to sell me some premade signals, which will be going on the modules.

Photobucket

Tonight's SIG was busy and positive, with lots of discussion about the future of the scale, though we could have done with more time.

Tomorrow I'm planning to attend a couple of clinics, including one on modeling New Zealand scenery. I'm hoping to learn some techniques for making native flora.

2 comments:

  1. Pleasure to meet up with you. Glad you were able to bring the modules. Look even better 'in the flesh', than the photo's. Look forward to my next visit down south.

    Cheers
    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Russell, good to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete