Modular Rail Modelling in New Zealand

Monday, March 15, 2010

Stalled...

I haven't updated in a while. To be honest, I'm a bit stalled on the modelling front at the moment. For a start my laptop, and all my photos of the layout is still missing in action. Secondly, the water in the river has on the module has developed an annoying milky appearance in a few spots. I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm not even sure if I should fix it, as my annoyance may be a result of my perfectionism/anal retentiveness. Lastly, work is again very busy, so there is hardly any time to do anything anyway.

Anyway, I may step away from the modules for a couple of weeks to clear my head and get motivated again. I can't complain, I've had a very good run over the last few months!

On another front, the convention is looming up. I had toyed with the thought of entering the modules in competition, but I'm simply to busy at the moment to consider that. I'll be in attendance anyway, and hopefully it will help on the motivation front. And it will be good to meet up with some like-minded folk and see what other people are up to.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about perfectionism. Sometimes you can spend so much time thinking about something or faffing about that nothing ever gets done. I figure if i'm not having fun doing it, there ain't much point. The only exception is if it's something that must be done so that fun can be had further down the line.

    Stepping away from a project for a bit is usually very helpful and aids in gaining a new perspective. You certainly have made great progress so far so don't give up.

    I just saw the convention timetable; there are going to be some great clinics and workshops. I can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete